Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Omega Vert Vs. The Omega 8006 and the Green Star Elite Juicer Machines - Which is the Best Juicer Machine

 Update April 8, 2012 - I initially recommended the Omega juicer but i do NOT anymore. The customer support is awful. I have recently found out that the Hurom Slow Juicer is the SAME juicer as the HUROM (sold under a different name)! Everyone buys the vertical juicers now, hardly anyone buys the horizontal juicers such as the omega 8006. The vertical juicers such as the Hurom juicer is the most popular juicer. It was featured on Oprah and Martha Stewart. It also won an award from "Epicurean Magazine".

 Look at the Hurom and see how it looks practically identical to the Omega...That's because they are made in the SAME factory by the SAME company!. See photo of the Hurom here.. >>> Hurom Slow Juicer

The Hurom is the same machine as the Omega sold by different companies. They have very few differences and are made in the same factory....the Hurom Slow Juicer is sold for about $30 less then the Omega..and they are practically the same machine.

Here is the full story:

Many people would like to know, which is better the Hurom HU-100 or the Omega VRT Juicers?


Both the Hurom HU-100 and Omega VRT330 and 350 Juicers are made in the SAME factory, using many of the same parts in Korea. So the juicers are virtually identical except for some minor differences that will be explained below. They operate exactly the same, and yield the same amount of juice.

A company called DongAh Ind Co., Ltd started business as a manufacturer of TV and audio components in 1974, but was also interested in electric household appliances. In 1992, DongAh developed the single auger electric juicer, and took out 7 patents between 1992-1998 for the horizontal single auger juicer. During this time, they were primary known as an OEM manufacturer, meaning they manufacturered juicers and other companies put their name on them.

In their pursuit in improving the design futher, in 2007, they introduced the worlds first vertical single auger juicer known as model LSTS-J0606. This first generation vertical auger design used side-clamps to hold down the housing, and it had a rather large motor base. It worked fairly well, but DongAh knew it could be improved and more user-friendly. Since that time, DongAh Ind Co., Ltd has made many improvements to the original vertical auger design.

This model was first exported as the Oscar Pro 930 (in a chrome plated finish) to Australia and the United Kingdom in early 2009. It was this juicer that became the Hurom Juicer HU-100 and Omega VRT330. For many years many different US companies have imported DongAh Ind Co. Ltd juicers and sold them under brands such as Oscar, Omega and others. DonhAh Ind Co., Ltd was happy with this arrangement, manufacturing container loads of juicers, and then having a US Based company buy, sell and support the juicers inside the USA.

In 2009, DongAh Ind. Co Ltd decided to start a US based company to sell their juicers inside the USA. This company is called Hurom USA. They kept the hurom name, which is the name of the juicer is being sold outside the USA. In addition, they had an agreement with Omega to import the same model, but it could not be identical, so there were a few minor changes to the product, and the Omega VRT330 was born. So that is why there are two juicers, that are virtually identical.

The Hurom HU-100 started being available in the USA around July 2009. The Omega VRT330 juicer followed around August 2009. The Hurom HU-100, Omega VERT HD 330 and the Omega VERT 350 are all pretty much the SAME juicer with little insignificant differences. The only difference between the Omga VERT HD 330 and the Omega VERT 350 is the color! And the only difference between the HUROM HU-100 and the Omega VERT juicers is the carrying handle that is on the Hurom Juicer. Besides that, they are all the same juicers!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I had decided several years ago that i needed to lose weight and recover my health. I was suffering from being overweight and having some skin issues. I had learned that these are the result of eating the typical SAD (standard American Diet) diet. I was not brought up learning about nutrition and thought that eating a chocolate bar instead of eating a fruit was reasonable way to get my sugar craving while saving calories.

 I needed to figure out which juicer machine i should buy. I wanted a juicer machine that is high quality and will not break soon after we buy it. We also want high quality juice that won't oxidize (very important!) right after we juice the produce.

After making a decision to start juicing, i decided to research every juicer machine on the market. I analyzed the cost, the quality of machine and the testimonials from people who have purchased juicers on all the different shopping sites. What i found has made me conclude that the juicer that i want is a masticating juicer machine. This is due to the fact that the masticating juicer machine can juice wheatgrass, leafy greens, spinach and kale. Most cheap juicer machine on the market are centrifugal juicer s (e.g. breville, Jack la-lanne, acme etc.) and are not masticating juicers! This will prevent  you from juicing leafy greens such as wheatgrass. If you are juicing for health and weight loss, then you will want the abundance of nutrients and enzymes that you get from juicing wheatgrass. Therefore, you will need a masticating juicer machine.

On analyzing masticating juicers we searched online and read all the testimonials from shoppers who purchased the masticating juicers Omega Vert, Omega 8006, Omega 8005 and the Green Star Elite and the Hurom Slow Juicer. The Norwalk were not included in our analysis as these juicer were out of our league in terms of expense. As we wanted to spend under $500 preferably under $400. We found that people raved about the Hurom Slow Juicer. Mike Adams who runs the site naturalnews.com recommends the Hurom Slow Juicer as his favorite juicer. I was really impressed since Mike is really the top expert on natural health. The fact that it was also featured on Oprah and Martha Stewart was also really impressive.

Here are some of the juicer reviews we found all over the internet from customers who purchased juicers.  ..........http://juicersgalorestore.com.

In addition, if you visit the website you will find extremely inspiring videos on people who have used juice fasting and juicing for weight loss to recover from illness and lose over 100 pounds and cure degenerate diseases such as diabetes. If you have heard of the model, Carol Alt, she is an advocate of Raw Food juicing as she cured her own cancer from juicing. Go to the site to watch the video (in the videos section). In addition, we were able to find a discount coupon online..we used the discount code "savemoney" at checkout to get $15 off of our purchase.

Here are juicer machine reviews of the Omega vert juicer

Reviews of the Hurom Slow Juicer
5.0 out of 5 stars Best Juicer on market!,

October 1, 2011 By Jung Il Lee "ProGolferDigest.com" (San Francisco, CA USA)

I've been using this juicer, which was recommended to me by my mom who has cancer, you really get full juice, and the juicer works by actually juicing not slicing unlike other juicers on the market. Sorta pricey but definitely worth it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrific Juicer, September 20, 2011 By garden lady - See all my reviews This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White

I have not had a juicer in years and all I could think of was mess and noise. The Huron machine is so quiet and easy to clean. It is a pleasure to use. I make juice almost every day now for my husband and me. It tastes great and makes us feel so healthy. This was a great investment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changed my life for the better, September 7, 2011 By I, Alexandra (Glen Ellen, CA)

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) Here's why I love this juicer so much: It is durable. They changed the strainer design so it now has no issues with breaking. I don't cut my fingers while washing it (no small blades) It juices ANYTHING! I am creative and try new things all the time. Never has a problem. It's easy to assemble and disassemble. It looks great on my countertop. It is like a food processor as well as a juicer. It saves tons of energy compared to other juicers. It juices things quickly. There is little foam on the top of the juice. The two containers are interchangeable and I can use anything in their place if they are full. The juice has a higher nutritional value (significantly better in both Vitamins A and C) than juice from other juicers. I feel healthy every day I juice!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best juicer!, September 1, 2011 By nutritionistcharles

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) It's just the easiest to use, quietest and strongest juicer I've experienced. The lack of noise and the minimal counter space are two of the reasons I highly recommend the Slow Juicer. The other thing I like is the wide variety of fruits and veggies it can handle. My old centrifugal juicer could not do wheat grass or soft fruits. I recently put blueberries through the Slow Juicer. It came out as a delicious nectar. Great for freezing into pops. I actually don't often do wheatgrass. But I get carrots with the tops and I put the green tops through (cut up into pieces) and it comes out just like wheatgrass juice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Juicer on the market!, September 1, 2011 By joanne saucier (los angeles, CA)

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) This juicer is easy to use, quick to clean, and perfectly quiet. I like to make carrot-apple juice with mine, but I've also made my own vegetable juice with tomatoes, carrots, and bell peppers -- it's amazing. Great for using with vodka for a Bloody Mary! It takes up barely any room in my kitchen and it has a handle, which is really nice. My roommates all love using it, too. Great product!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love the versatility!, August 31, 2011 By Lola James (USA)

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) This is the greatest juicer! I can't believe the things I can do with it that I couldn't do in the past with other machines - nut milk, fibrous veggies, you name it, I've been juicing it with the Hurom. I've made smoothie-like juices, my own version of V-8 (without all the sodium!), even a blueberry "jelly." I love the fact that the mortar and pestle PRESS my fruits and veggies instead of SHREDDING them. I read a lot before buying and this machine was said to deliver more vitamins and more actual juice from a single piece of fruit than other machines. Having seen how it works, I'm certain it does. It also doesn't take up a lot of space on my counter, which was a total necessity for me - small space and all...and it cleans up easily, which is nice when you are totally lazy, like I am. I'm in LOVE!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5.0 out of 5 stars Works flawlessly every time, August 31, 2011 By SoCalFoodie

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) I've had the Hurom Slow Juicer for a bit over a year, and I absolutely love it! Whether I'm doing greens or soft fruit, I end up with beautiful, tasty juice. Some people complain about the pulp content with this juicer, and I find that if you put produce in slower OR run the juice through the juicer a second time, pulp content is significantly lower. Since I have zero counter space in my kitchen, an old-school masticating juicer simply wasn't an option for me; this one takes up less than a square foot of counter space. If you're in the market for a high-quality juicer, this is the one to buy. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Report abuse | Permalink Comment Comment 1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5.0 out of 5 stars great purchase, August 31, 2011 By JOHN H. PARK "tenxtone" (Arcadia, CA United States)

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) I really got interested in juicing after watching the movie, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Back to the juicer... this thing masticates. It's really like the "Dyson" of juicers. I can't recommend it highly enough!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, August 11, 2011 By El GATO

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) If you are a first time juicer buyer pick this one. I had a centrifugal juicer before and I thought it was great until I tried the Hurom. It is faster, silent, easier to operate, easier to clean and you can juice spinach, lettuce, wheatgrass, soy and almonds. Another thing, centrifugal juicers waste more produce, I can make a lot more juice comparing to centrifugal juicer using the same amounts of fruit and this is a spense that adds up very fast. Add the nut milk bag, some fruits pass some pulp to the juice. Once you open the box you will notice the quality parts and materials used.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5.0 out of 5 stars For good health, July 8, 2011 By Deborah A. Kollman "Taobeemr" (Maryland, USA)

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) Fast delivery. Great product, easy to set up and use. Get as creative as you want- celery juice is amazing. This product opened up a new world for me. I will never eat garbage again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hurom Juicer Easiest on the Market!!, May 21, 2011 By Katie from NYC

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) A friend of mine bought the Hurom Hu-100 from Amazon and said it was fantastic. She was a bit dramatic in her descriptive love for it and I attributed it to her "Juice Fast" high. I bought it several weeks ago and I too adore it. Its very easy to use (one of my main concerns) so easy to clean (down to 3 min. with everything dry.) I haven't done a juice fast per se but I lost 4.5 lbs by simply having a healthy juice for breakfast. The extra few minutes it takes to cut my fruit and veggies down is really not a big deal knowing that this will help with the overall life span of my new juicer. I HIGHLY recommend this product.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5.0 out of 5 stars Huron Slow Juicer, March 25, 2011 By Brandt (WARREN,RI)

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) Great Juicer! It's everything that was promised. I don't know if the slow speed yields more nutrition as claimed by the manufacturer but I like the low noise facter compared to the high speed unit I used to own. It's also very heavy so it doesn't vibrate at all in use. Clean up is very easy too!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST JUICER EVER!!!, February 7, 2011 By Dr. Lee (Rochester, New York)

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) I've tried a couple juicers before since I love fresh home made juice. And if you are health conscious person, you really don't want to buy juices in the market with so much sugar or other unhealthy ingredients. Some juicers are hard to clean, some make no good taste juice, some waste(use up) my fruits too much... This one is THE BEST. I can absolutely guarantee you will love this one too!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simply the best juicer, December 10, 2010 By S. Vanover

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) This juicer is really simply to use and easy to clean. I really enjoy using it. Price was alittle high but the product so far is worth the money spent. Works great just like advertised in video's I have view.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Better than I expected, December 7, 2010 By Katherine Houston (Kettering, OH United States)

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) Being brand new to juicing, I never thought I would be as happy with a juicer as I am with this one. It's helping me get through my weekly farm box so easy. I can throw in a extra leaf or two of kale with my apples and carrots instead of having a different juicer for leafy items. While I was initially disappointed I couldn't put this in the dishwasher, it's so easy to clean that I don't mind. Simple to take apart and put back together. I've done lots of carrot and beet juices and I've had no discoloration of the external pieces and only slight discoloration of some internal pieces. I'm very impressed with the quality of this juicer and the ease of use.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent, November 22, 2010 By J. Green "Ms. Green" (Wisconsin)

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) I love this juicer. It puts out much drier pulp than any juicer I've used before, and since it's crushing/squeezing the juice out instead of shredding and spinning the juice out, it's less frothy juice too. It seems to have a little struggle pushing out berry seeds (like raspberries and blackberries), although they were not fresh berries, they were thawed from frozen berries that I juiced. Not sure if that had some effect on it. Either way I love this juicer and would recommend to others.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worth every penny!, October 15, 2010 By JessiG

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) I would consider myself somewhat of an "intermediate juicer". I previously owned a nice Breville centrifugal juicer and was disappointed by the extremely wet pulp and minimal juice, the noise, and the complicated parts to clean. The first time I used my new Hurom juicer, I was so amazed at how much juice I got and how dry the pulp was. Keep in mind that if you like to do juice fasts like myself that the juice comes out with some pulp still remaining so I would recommend also purchasing some nut milk bags (or something similar) to strain the juice before you drink it. But the juice is fantastic, delicious, and the colors are much more vibrant than anything I made with the centrifugal!!! Take the advise of all the reviewers and take time to chop up all your fruits and veggies before juicing. It puts a lot less strain on the motor, increases the amount of juice you get, and increases the lifetime of the juicer. I have not had any problem with it...juicing spinach, apples, cucumbers, carrots, zucchini, etc. Overall, it is a fantastic product and worth the money! I will never drink juice out of a cenftrifugal juicer again!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Hurom Lives Up To Expectations, October 14, 2010 By Liz "Liz" (New Zealand)

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) I bought the Hurom to replace a centrifugal juicer because I wanted to produce juice that had maximum nutrients and longer shelf life. The Hurom will keep your juice fresh in a fridge for up to 48 hours before it deteriorates. The Hurom works well and takes up hardly any bench space which is a big plus. The pulp that comes out is as dry as can be so you certainly get all the juice from your produce. It is also a lot quieter than the centrifugal juicers. The previous reviewer has said that "Some of its purported advantages of extremely dry pulp, more juice, little to no foam, etc. have fallen far short of the promises made. I notice no increased amount of juice, the foam is absolutely no less than it was with a centrifugal juicer, and UNLIKE my trusty centrifigual juicer the Hurom does a LOUSY job of juicing greens." I have not found this to be the case. I do get a lot less foam and I have juiced Kale etc without the problems she speaks of. If you roll up the green leafy vegetables before putting into the juicer and follow them with a firmer vegetable like a carrot, there is no problem. I am pleased with the Hurom and am happy to recommend it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A great juicer, July 5, 2010 By E. Tracey (SF, Ca)

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) This juicer is not cheap but worth it. I use it everyday and this thing is solid. The engine is strong and quite. I love it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fantastic!, June 10, 2010 By Busyweaver "Pam" (Vermont)

This review is from: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer, Snow White (Kitchen) Decided to purchase a juicer and after lots of research, chose this one. Very easy to assemble, to wash and to use! Very quiet. Juice is made quickly and taste so good. Even my 7&10 yr olds enjoy the juice and helping to make it. Came quickly and would highly recommend this juicer!

2 comments:

  1. I wish you a very healthy lifestyle for years to come. Thanks so much, you're the best!

    best juicers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you have owned and used your juicer for a few months you will learn pretty quickly that there is nothing a sticky and staining as the mineral rich residue left behind when juicing root vegetables and leafy greens. Slow juicers

    ReplyDelete